Associate Buyer - Women & Child Products
STEALS.com is seeking an experienced salesperson who loves numbers and analysis, has savvy negotiation skills, has passion for women and children’s products and is an accomplished manager and mentor. The ideal candidate will have buying process knowledge, strong open-to-buy experience and an eye for the latest trends in women’s and children’s products.
- Source products to be featured as the daily steal on one of our websites.
- Establish and maintain strong supplier relationships in the industry.
- Negotiate terms with vendors (price, quantity, delivery terms and markdowns).
- Manage the Purchase Order and sales process between STEALS.com and the supplier.
- Develop business strategies that drive sales through the products selection, pricing, promotion and ROI.
- Work with the STEALS.com staff to ensure each sale is represented properly online and the consumer and vendor both have an exceptional experience.
- Have a strong sense of financial responsibility to:
- Increase profitability.
- Manage invoicing to ensure accurate financials.
- Manage inventory levels.
- Manage site profitability by day and overall.
- Have a pulse on current trends and entertainment by:
- Attend industry expos as necessary.
- Keep a fashion-forward eye for industry trends and new product ideas.
- Continually research and explore new trends in marketplace and category.
- Be passionate about boutique products for women and children.
- Monitor on community feedback.
- Remain flexible and willing to change strategies as business needs dictate.
- Develop other members of the Buying team.
- Keep a can-do approach and positive attitude.
- Respond to vendors and feature requests quickly and professionally.
- Coordinate best practices among the merchandising division of STEALS.com
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship and daily communication with the STEALS.com buying team and additional staff.
- Work well in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
Benefits and Work Hours
- Full-time, 40 hours per week. Starting salary is DOE with full benefits.
- Benefits include: paid PTO and holidays; employer pays 75% for health and dental insurance; vision and supplemental insurance; employee discount on steals; laptop and iphone; pretty much da coolest work environment ever!
- Send resume, salary expectations, and cover letter with the subject line "Associate Buyer" to email@example.com.
STEALS.com is a fast-paced and quickly growing e-commerce company with a collection of deal of the day websites focused on providing top quality brands and products to women through the websites BabySteals.com, KidSteals.com, ScrapbookSteals.com and SheSteals.com. We pride ourselves in providing fanatical service, value and entertainment through our Steals, and lightning fast fulfillment. We work hard and take pride in building community around our websites.
Utah residency required for employment.